4th Grade In-School Field Trips
Cook County Farm Bureau's Ag in the Classroom program offers a FREE 1 hour presentation to 4th grade students in Cook County. During the 2012-2013 school year 21,500 students were reached and 870 classrooms in Cook County were visited.
Presentations are given from September through May.
To sign up for your FREE In-School Field Trip call us at 708-354-3276.
- A presentation geared towards Common Core and Next Generation science standards.
- A definition of agriculture
- Discussion about Illinois products, careers, transportation, and the USDA MyPlate
- A new video that discusses agriculture; including urban gardening, farming, agriculture careers, and Illinois farm products
- Food, fiber, fuel industry facts
- A fortune cookie that contains an agricultural fact for every student
- A teacher packet of follow-up activities (new theme yearly)
- Hands-on game to keep students engaged food and fiber industry facts
Click here to download the brochure
Click here to download Field Trip Request Form
Presenter Video Biographies
Below are evaluations from teachers in previous years that have hosted the 4th grade Ag in the Classroom.