4th Grade In-School Field Trips
Cook County Farm Bureau's Ag in the Classroom program offers a FREE 1 hour presentation to 4th grade students in Cook County. During the 2012-2013 school year 21,500 students were reached and 870 classrooms in Cook County were visited.
Presentations are given from September through May.
To sign up for your FREE In-School Field Trip call us at 708-354-3276
Click here to download the brochure
Click here to download Field Trip Request Form
- A presentation geared towards Common Core and Next Generation science standards.
- A definition of agriculture
- Discussion about Illinois products, careers, transportation, and the USDA MyPlate
- A new video that discusses agriculture; including urban gardening, farming, agriculture careers, and Illinois farm products
- Food, fiber, fuel industry facts
- A fortune cookie that contains an agricultural fact for every student
- A teacher packet of follow-up activities (new theme yearly)
- Hands-on game to keep students engaged food and fiber industry facts
Presenter Video Biographies
Teacher Evaluation 2013-2014
Principal Evaluation 2013-2014